This time, I want to discuss one of the life's most important questions. Should I do it or not. I believe the answer to this question is at best elusive. In one end we have hyper active people that try to do as much as possible with varying degree of success. On the other end we have depressive lazy people that do as little as possible again with varying degree of success.
Here we need an objective function to decide on where to stand on this dilemma. My criteria is frusturation, defined as the ratio of successes/failures. I expect hyperactivity would increase the number of successes but it will also increase failures. Since it is easier to make mistakes then finding the right answer, i expect this ratio to diminish with increasing activity. Lazyness, on the other hand can provide a higher ratio provided the tasks are chosen carefully.
We need another concept to analyze this in more detail. Sense of accomplishment can be another drive in our decisions. I'll define accomplishment again as a ratio of success/expected number of successes. Hyperactivity can certainly improve accomplishment but it is frusturating due to large number of dissapointments. Lazyness protects us from frusturation but doesn't give a sense of accomplishment.
So I solved nothing...
But I must note here that, it is usually better to do your way than listen other people sometimes. This is topic for another discussion.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment